Join us! The SAVAS End User-panel accommodates advisors and experts from both the industrial and the scientific communities. It brings together broadcasters, subtitling companies, universities and organisations linked to the industries of Media, Subtitling, Accessibility and LVCSR. The aim of the End-User Panel is to give advice to development, supporting dissemination and contributing to bridge results into the market. The role of the participants is to provide recommendations and feedback, to prioritise language/domain development, and to take part together with the SAVAS End-Users Partners in testing and evaluation. Are you interested in participating? Contact us for any detail.
The SAVAS consortium looks forward to meet you at a number of relevant events:
- SAVAS announces the 3rd End-User Panel Workshop, to be held on April 29th, in Paris. Stay tuned for more details!!
- A SAVAS paper has been accepted for presentation at the LREC 2014 Conference, to be held on May 2014 in Rejkiavik
- A SAVAS paper has been accepted for presentation at the NAB Broadcasting Conference, to be held on April 2014 in Las Vegas, US. Carlo Aliprandi will give the speech "Automatic Live Subtitling: state of the art, expectations and current trends"
- SAVAS organised the 2nd End-User Panel Workshop at IBC2013. A large number of stakeholders and also IBCers was attending the Workshop, getting demo and partecipating into evaluation and testing of the technologies.
SAVAS attended the Symposium on Live Subtitling 2013. The symposium was held on 12 march 2013 in Barcelona, Spain. Carlo Aliprandi, gave the talk "Speech Recognition with a focus for quality Subtitling of minor languages" (1) and Juan Martinez will gave a talk on "Tools for assessing Accuracy Rate of Live Subtitles" (2).
The talks addressed: methodologies adopted in SAVAS to allow coverage of minor languages, usually of little interest into current commercial systems (1), and development of new tools to evaluate accuracy of ASR according to the NER model (2).
- SAVAS hosted the 1st End-User Panel Workshop at: Languages & the Media 2012 The 1st End-User Panel Workshop offered stakeholders the opportunity to be introduced into the SAVAS project, getting insight and useful information for giving advice and recommendations. We warmly invite stakeholders to join the Workshop for free. If you are interested, please do not hesitate to contact us.
SAVAS at Languages & the Media 2012 The SAVAS team attended the Languages & the Media 2012 conference with a booth. The conference was held on 22-23 November 2012 in Berlin, Germany. We would like to thank you all for taking your time to visit our booth during Languages & the Media 2012. It was a real pleasure to talk with you and to get your interest for SAVAS, we are waiting for you at our next showcase.
SAVAS at IBC 2012 We would like to thank you all for taking your time to visit our booth during IBC 2012. The exibition was a great success for us as there was lot of interest for our first-hand demonstrations of the SAVAS products.
- SAVAS has been presented at the Demonstration Area of IBC 2012 Connected World IBCers attended the SAVAS demonstration on Monday at 16.00, getting insights of SAVAS.
- SAVAS attended with a booth the IBC2012 Exposition In the stand 161 in Hall 14 at IBC's Connected World the SAVAS team gave some presentations about the project and first-hand demonstrations of all the product innovations and more. http://www.ibc.org/page.cfm/Action=Exhib/ExhibID=1501